Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Gen 8)

Will work on it and see if I can get the HCLs for T470s and T490s. Yoga 720 died a while ago. But it was working.

I made a mistake re X8. To get wifi on Carbon X8 to be recognized, I needed to upgrade the kernel to the latest. I still haven’t figured out how to get the microphone to work on it. This is the HCL for the Carbon X8.
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20U90006MZ-20210808-183025.yml (751 Bytes)

1 Like

Thank you @oijawyuh for your HCL report (X1 Carbon 8) which is now part
of this pull request and
will be visible on the website soon!

Looking forward to read more about the T470s and T490s.

1 Like

@oijawyuh Have you figured out how to get the TPM working for this machine? Have you came across any issues with this machine? I heard NSA can hack into the intel processor if its not blocked properly or flashed not sure but is it a real thing? Is that why people get the older ThinkPad like 230/430?

You probably mean this: Intel Management Engine - Wikipedia.

For this reason, Qubes recommends Neutralized/Disabled Intel ME. See here: Community-recommended computers.

See also: https://forum.qubes-os.org/t/intel-me-real-threat-for-ordinary-persons/7693.

Also because of the freedom: Laptops | RYF.

Thank you for sharing, But would this mean the machine ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 Is not Neutralized/Disabled Intel ME.

@ioio4dio your questions are beyond my ability to answer. I guess T430 is the only solution?