Wrong qubes kernel when installing librem 14 drivers on qubes 4.1

I’m trying to install the (purism librem 14 drivers)[Install librem-ec-acpi-dkms in Qubes ($1170) · Snippets · Snippets · GitLab] and I’m having a problem running sudo dkms build librem_ec_acpi/1.0 due to the fact that it is trying to access the wrong kernel.

The script is using the output of uname -r which in my case is 5.10.90-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64 but I don’t have the source code for that kernel in dom0. Instead the kernel I have source for is /usr/src/kernels/5.10.104-3.fc32.qubes.x86_64.

Why is there a discrepancy between the source code and the running kernel returned by uname -r? I’ve just installed a fresh copy of Qubes 4.1 by the way.

i am having the same problem on my Librem 14

This seems to have solved itself for me but I honestly have no idea how or when. The only thing I could think of is that you could try reinstalling the librem 14 ec driver.

Please report back if it either works or makes no difference.

i think it had to do with one of the updates as i was able to build and install the driver

What update are you talking about? The EC driver? A qubes-dom0-update update? Updating from 4.0 to 4.1?

yes when i updated to 4.1 i was able to build the EC