Why qubes doesn't give me the choice to insall kali or windows tools ect.. while installing qubes like feodra and debian?

Why qubes doesn’t give me the choice to insall kali or windows tools ect… while installing qubes like feodra and debian ?

I think it will be revolutionary if qubes give the choice to install all the VMs I want to use through installing it while install qubes.

I don’t care about the time it would take to install all VMs

WHY not?

I’m think it because the iso would very lage if you do that

See “Could you please make my preference the default?” in the FAQ:

Or as an Onion: http://qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/faq/#could-you-please-make-my-preference-the-default

Also, a Windows ISO can’t be bundled because that would be a violation of Microsoft’s license, so Qubes Windows Tools coming prepackaged wouldn’t make much sense, and it would be unnecessary bloat to the ISO with the optional install when some users don’t even make any Windows VMs.

1 Like

This is because Debian and Fedora are officially supported by the Qubes OS team, whereas all other templates are community supported. You need to enable a different repository for them and extend your trust to more people.

1 Like