What's the smallest possible form factor for a Qubes PC?

I should provide an update to this.

I contacted GPD. They said their manufacturing partners did the manufacturing runs with the 7265 by mistake (apparently the modules were mistakenly soldered because they look very similar). They have already sent out an AX201 module for me to solder myself (I don’t mind doing a bit of soldering). The other option was to ship my laptop back to Shenzhen, and they do it, But that would mean I didn’t have a laptop for a few weeks… They did this for free, too.

So it’s definitely not a scam, and they were pretty good about fixing it. :slight_smile:

Well, then you should use what you’re comfortable using…

It future-proofs the hardware to a certain extent. The difference between Wifi 5 (3.5gbps) and Wifi 6 (9.6bps) is MASSIVE. The max bandwidth is usually greater than most residential internet connections, so you generally won’t notice any benefit if you’re accessing something outside your LAN (your internet connection is your bottleneck).

But when your Wifi is faster than your Ethernet (that should be a meme), you really notice the difference when doing network backups, streaming 4k/8k media from within your LAN, using sshfs, etc.

1 Like

that approximately more than 10 time faster than my internet speed and i don’t do much thing locally in lan

Did you ever get Qubes running on Atom x5-Z8350 ? I can try otherwise, let you know

Qubes version 4.0 in paravirtualised mode, yes. But zero hardware virtualisation, and it was incredibly easy to get out of a VM with a buffer overflow…

Didn’t ever make it into dom0, though, only other VMs; so I’d say that’s a win for the amazing Qubes OS devs that we all love :slight_smile:

I classify that as “running”, but for all intents and purposes, it wouldn’t be “safe”, at least not in 2022, unfortunately…

Go for it. If 4.1 doesn’t boot/install, keep trying to previous ISO versions until you get one that successfully boots/installs.