VMs won't start

I’ve been reinstalling qubes for few days…

In the 2nd stage of installation I got this error:

nano /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log gave me this:

libxl: libxl_device.c:1146:device_backend_callback: Domain 7:unable to add device with path /local/domain/5/backend/vif/7/0

libxl: libxl_create.c:1904:domcreate_attach_devices: Domain 7:unable to add vif devices

I cannot use internet for updates because I’m not able to run any VMs. They start and immediatly stop working. Is there someone who have idea how to get my qubes running?

Dell Latitude 9510
Virtualization is enabled
xen_version: 4.14.3
Linux 5.10.90-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64

First, most probably nothing disastrous is happening regarding Qubes itself. It looks there’s a problem with attaching a networking device to a qube. You should check if you tried to attach such a device to a sys-firewall (PVH), which you shouldn’t do, but to a sys-net (HVM).
If this looks proper, then you should follow

and get back with findings.
The other thing I am aware of is it could be something with the driver not loaded in dom0 kernel.
The worst can happen, as far as I am aware is that your network hardware isn’t compatible with Qubes, but I doubt.
The fact is we don’t know anything enough how your system is configured, what you are trying to achieve, etcc. namely extensive report on circumstances lead to issue.

1 Like

This issue mostly because wrong drive configuration, try with automatic installation first in the clean drive.