Using VPN over Tor

I understand using tor through sys-whonix is good enough for fair amount of anonymity. But there are certain sites that blocks almost every IP address from tor. And to access those sites, I have to use VPN in a kali HVM going through sys-whonix.
So, VPN provider gets an ip address of tor network, and the website I am accessing gets the IP address of VPN provider. But running kali HVM for this is way more frustrating than using an AppVM called “ironman” based on fedora template.
So, is it okay to use sys-whonix for appVM “ironman” and then setup an .ovpn VPN in it? Or will it compromise my anonymity, and how?

So, is it okay to use sys-whonix for appVM “ironman” and then setup an .ovpn VPN in it? Or will it compromise my anonymity, and how?

Annonymity wise, there is no difference between this and the kali
option. However, there are two key points here:

• How are you paying for the VPN? If they know who you are, there is
    likely no point using TOR in the first place.

• What anti-browser-fingerprinting mechanisms have you implemented to
    match the TOR browser bundle?

Also, have you considered implementing the VPN as a proxy VM so it is
easier to manage/kill? Redirecting…

I always prefer to use free vpns that I can sign up for using disposable emails behind sys-whonix. Always using disposable information for such deals.
I am not using tor browser, but firefox with default settings. with tor browser, history is lost everytime I restart.

I read about proxy-VPN in the past. But not every site blocks tor IPs, that’s why I try to use the VPN inside the VM so that I don’t have to change the net-vm everytime I don’t need VPN. And even if VPN is disconnected, all data is still passing through sys-whonix.

By far the best place to look for this information is the whonix wiki: