Trouble installing Fedora 33

Hi everybody
I am trying to install the latest Fedora 33. In dom0 I am typing

sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-33

I am getting this error message:
Last metadata expiration check: 0:06:08 ago on Sunday Nov 1 06:28:33
No match for argument: qubes-template-fedora-33
Error: unable to find a match: qubes-template-fedora-33

I’m sure that I’ve done it this way without a problem in the past.

Can anybody help me with whatever may be happening. Its driving me nuts.

You can look up which templates are available in the respective repositories:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --action=search qubes-template

or community-testing repo:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing --action=search qubes-template

1 Like

Well, the problem is that the template you’re looking for doesn’t exist yet.

We always announce when new templates become available, and we haven’t announced a Fedora 33 template yet. May I ask why you thought it would be there?

If you’re interested, you can track the development progress here:

Thanks for setting me right with Fedora 33 not being available. Somehow I thought I saw somewhere that it was available. But clearly not.

I appreciate you letting me know rather than me keeping on banging my head against the wall. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth for something that was rather ridiculous and silly on my part.

Hi,
any news on fed33?

Only what you see on that issue, I’m afraid.

I understand from the GitHub issue that the Fedora 33 template cannot be installed with qubes-dom0-update yet, but I successfully updated my Fedora templates to release 33 in place using this Qubes guide, without any issues as far as I could tell.

Would this cause any issues? For example, missing Qubes utilities that I’m not thinking about? Are there some operations I should test to make sure this is working correctly?

Interesting. I tried it as well and it seems to work so far…

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to Install Fedora-33-minimal Template (unexpected EOF in archive)