Transferring files to Windows 10, Server 2016 HVMs

It seems that qubes-windows-tools is only functional for Windows 7 which is obsolete.

Is there a Qubeish way to transfer files to / between HVMs running current editions of Windows?

If not, it would seem that setting up a stub appVM with smbd, enabling inter-qubes networking, and serving files to the windows VMs over the internal qubes network would be the best way. Looking to automate this, maybe with a salt file?

1 Like

inter-qube clipboard and send/receive files works perfectly fine in windows 10 with QWT

I used Elliotā€™s deployment script for Server 2019 and I donā€™t have any Qubes items in the Windows Shell

qvm-copy from a linux appVM to the Windows HVM gives
[20210923.211951.658-772-E] wmain: SHGetKnownFolderPath failed with eEOF

Do I need to do something else to enable QWT in Server 2019? Thanks.

I used Elliotā€™s deployment script for Server 2019 and I donā€™t have any Qubes items in the Windows Shell

Did you check under ā€œSend Toā€?

How about the inter-qube clipboard ā€¦ does that work?

qvm-copy from a linux appVM to the Windows HVM gives

[20210923.211951.658-772-E] wmain: SHGetKnownFolderPath failed with eEOF|

Unless your Windows user is called ā€˜userā€™, you need to set the user name using qvm-prefs default_user

Can confirm there is nothing Qubes-related under Send To on the Server 2019 guest.
Canā€™t check the inter-vm clipboard as I RDP onto the Windows boxes.

My windows user is indeed called user.

I am afraid I have too little understanding of your use case and Windows server 2019 to be of any assistance.

Thanks, appreciate your efforts.

I have tested QWT on Windows 10 and it works.
It seems QWT didnā€™t install properly on Server 2019 and I am trying to find out why by re-running the install. (suspect it is a failed dependency on DotNet 3.5 which needs to be installed under Roles/Features), made a dirty workaround to https://github.com/elliotkillick/qvm-create-windows-qube and will report back there.

Probably not a Qubes issue.