Thunderbird / Qubes Attachments

appreciate the update but if its not a milestone till 4.2 is this still accurate?
" * Certain files and applications are now opened in disposables, e.g., Thunderbird email attachments"

if so may I ask which mime types are the ‘certain’ ones?

1 Like

Sorry for not being clear enough, I wasn´t asking about a new Thunderbird extension, but about the 2nd workaround, since the 1st is a lot of work and people might still forget certain filetypes:

I’ve tried manually enabling it:

But that doesn’t work.

I believe the 4.1 milestone is accurate, because this is an enhancement, and following standard best practices, enhancements are implemented only in major and minor releases, not patch releases.

Good question. I’m not certain. @Demi, do you know?

Sorry, I’m not familiar with that. Perhaps you might like to comment on that issue, or open a new one if you think you’ve discovered an actual bug.

I can confirm the workaround is working on Qubes R4.1 :slightly_smiling_face:
(Document "Open certain applications in disposables" feature · Issue #7130 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub)

With Thunderbird v102 release at the end of this month we can also finally get a new Thunderbid extension :partying_face:

1 Like

I tried the command as shown in the GitHub link above (qvm-service --enable work-mail app-dispvm.mozilla-thunderbird using my qube vm name containing thunderbird) but when I right click on the attachment in Thunderbird it does not offer the option of opening the file in a dispvm. I tried using a known secure file, but it opened in the same qube, as expected. I am using 4.1.1

Am I missing something?