System unusable with qubes-core 4.1.10 update

I just did a dom0 update of about a dozen packages from qubes*-testing repos, which included some qubes-core* 4.1.10-1 packages.

This resulted in a system that could sometimes boot to the desktop, but everything else was jammed: qvm-start would just freeze and so did lvm-related commands. Also, all the qubes-specific systray icons appeared as black squares and were unresponsive.

I was later able to revert to a prior snapshot of ‘qubes_dom0/root’ lv to get the system working again.

I did save the dnf history and syslog from that session but I didn’t notice any qubes-specific failures in it.

$ dnf list qubes-core*
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0                                                                               2.9 MB/s | 3.0 kB     00:00    
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0                                                                                19 MB/s |  20 kB     00:00    
Installed Packages
qubes-core-admin-addon-whonix.noarch                                       4.0.2-1.fc32                                  @anaconda         
qubes-core-admin-client.noarch                                             4.1.10-1.fc32                                 @qubes-dom0-cached
qubes-core-dom0.noarch                                                     4.1.16-1.fc32                                 @qubes-dom0-cached
qubes-core-dom0-linux.x86_64                                               4.1.7-1.fc32                                  @anaconda         
qubes-core-dom0-linux-kernel-install.x86_64                                4.1.7-1.fc32                                  @anaconda         
qubes-core-qrexec.x86_64                                                   4.1.9-1.fc32                                  @qubes-dom0-cached
qubes-core-qrexec-dom0.x86_64                                              4.1.9-1.fc32                                  @qubes-dom0-cached
qubes-core-qrexec-libs.x86_64                                              4.1.9-1.fc32                                  @qubes-dom0-cached
Available Packages
qubes-core-qrexec.x86_64                                                   4.1.10-1.fc32                                 qubes-dom0-cached 
qubes-core-qrexec-dom0.x86_64                                              4.1.10-1.fc32                                 qubes-dom0-cached 
qubes-core-qrexec-libs.x86_64                                              4.1.10-1.fc32                                 qubes-dom0-cached

I didn’t notice any problems here so far.

(The only thing I noticed lately were some minor graphical glitches I don’t know the cause yet. It could be related to resuming from suspend [which is working again] but I will have to try that out a few times more.)

No issues noticed either with qubes-core/qrexec-4.1.10 packages.

kernel-latest-[qubes-vm] at 5.8.16-1

It may also be related to running on a Ryzen 4000 system.