My results installing sys-gui:
- Install 4.1 beta1 from iso
- Use installation defaults for most things
- After installing, do not update (updating causes the fedora-34?-xfce template missing issue, and if you install the fedora-34?-xfce template yourself then it works, but then there is qubes-related packages installed)
- Then do:
qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-gui qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-gui pillar=True qubesctl --all state.highstate
- Shut down VM’s (I.E. sys-firewall, sys-usb, sys-net)
- Log out
- Click the things in the upper right corner to find a choice between “sys-gui” and “xfce”(I.E. dom0)
- Choose the “sys-gui” one
- Log in
- Wander away while waiting for all desktop elements to load
- Come back to a screensaver screen, and find that it uses a new password I don’t know.
- log in again, and keep the mouse active this time
- Before the screensaver can activate, set the password for “user” to something I know.
(This appears to be a proper sys-gui desktop. However there are no qubes or templates (I.E. no sys-firewall, sys-net, or sys-usb)
- Load the template manager to download a new template
Get ERROR: ‘sys-firewall’
I also see that /srv is empty, so missing salt scripts?
- In case I’m missing a qubes package, I try
dnf search qubes-and get “could not resolve host mirrors.fedoraproject.org”