Star lite mk 2 laptop with N4200 CPU : IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-V

Hi guys,

I need a little help because I am stuck.

I have a Star lite mk 2 latop and I want to install Qubes 4.0.4 but I get an error message that VT-d is missing. According to the Intel website (Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200 (2M Cache, up to 2.5 GHz) Product Specifications) this feature is present. The BIOS (UEFI / no CPM / no legacy) menu does not give me the option to enable or disable VT-d. According to my currently installed Ubuntu and the cpu-checker (kvm-ok) VT is enabled (KVM acceleration can be used).

Do you guys have any idea where the problem might be here? I am open for any help and suggestion and very grateful.

Many greetings
Philip

“VT is enabled” may mean that you have VT-x, which is more widely used than VT-d. KVM is using VT-x.
If your bios doesn’t offer the option to manage VT-d, then perhaps your motherboard doesn’t support it.

Hi augsch,
VT-X is enabled.
I checked and verified it with this command:

egrep -wo ‘vmx|lm|aes’ /proc/cpuinfo | sort | uniq
| sed -e ‘s/aes/Hardware encryption=Yes (&)/g’
-e ‘s/lm/64 bit cpu=Yes (&)/g’ -e ‘s/vmx/Intel hardware virtualization=Yes (&)/g’

So in a post of stackoverflow, somebody mentioned that “dmesg | grep DMAR” will show you if VT-d is activated. As it seems, my VT-d is not activate. So sad, because i can’t change it in the BIOS menu.

Note: I updated the topic title.

1 Like