Sorry, but this forum software is awful

There’s an envelope icon left to the posting time/date.

2 Likes

We might be able to fix this. See here an example of that. But the solution likely won’t be very discoverable.

This criticism is aimed at discourse not Qubes project. A discourse forum is a way to provide users a more accessible way of sharing their issues and getting responses. Going with old (javascriptless) forum software would significantly reduce the impact this forum has had.

Other projects in the security space using the forum: Whonix, Tor Project, Signal.

If you don’t like it, we provide a mailing list mode. We don’t ban alt accounts nor temporary emails. If that doesn’t match your desires, there are other venues: like the qubes-users mailing list.

Small note (that also applies to life in general): if you want anything to be improved and have valid criticism, then don’t start insulting people. You’ll get nowhere. Instead respectfully start a rational discourse about what your concerns are and how you think these can be solved.

Otherwise your complaints will simply fall on deaf years.

2 Likes

Just renamed the title to: This forum software is awful

Seems more representative of the discussion.

2 Likes

Three more “new” users attempted to post this exact post with the names similar to yours: @inconspicuwus @inc0nspicuous. I have now removed these for spam. I assume this was done by you @inconspicuous

What as the intention there? Was the original post silenced and you resorted to creating alias accounts for pushing a point across?

1 Like

But now you’ve taken away the essential click-bait character.

1 Like

I new there was a honey pot in Qubes!

1 Like

Haha. But as a moderator I want to make my job easier by not attracting flames to the fire.

1 Like