Should I activate TPM 2 to run with Qubes 4.1

Or should I say. How will my activating TPM 2.0 cause problems for me, as a linux user, in the future?

In that event, how easy is it to roll back?

From what I read. I should just activate TPM 2, and no problems should come up.

I also notice TPM 2 includes a new Randomization algorithm. Any Thoughts?

It would probably make no difference at all. But TPM 2.0 is useless anyways as Qubes is only compatible with TMP 1.2. So it’d not make any difference either way

I think depends on what features you are interested in. BTW, why exactly wouldn’t Linux TPM support work on Qubes?

Ubuntu has TPM 2.

As you fellows know, Windows 11 requires TPM 2. I am also leery of anything related to M$.
No telling where updates will lead us.

TPM 2. has the Randomization algorithm, for creating encryption. Part of the reason for going to TPM 2. , from what I read, the older encryption stuff on TPM is not as secure.

Raises the question, how does Qubes or other encryption software associated with Qubes handle randomization for Encryption? Or any common feature of Encryption that I would like to worry about?

I would say that hysterical adherence of Bitlocker to TPM in fact undermines security, not increases it. TPM modules are known to have vulnerabilities by itself and its presense in the system guarantees nothing per se. And I do not think TPM is truly the only way to get randomness of a reasonable quality on x86 platform. Anyway, I think it should be possible to bridge a TPM device to a Qube, I just doubt it makes sense.