Reboots After Selecting Install

I’m new to Qubes OS and I am trying to install it on my Acer SF314-512-52MZ and the grub menu comes up but when I select any of the install options, it hangs for a moment then reboots. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @dininabo, I see that this is your first time posting here - welcome to the Qubes OS forums! :smile: I’m afraid I don’t have a good solution for the problem you’re running into, but there may be someone else that can help with your issue.

In the mean time, consider checking out the Qubes documentation, if you haven’t already. There are a lot of topics that may provide some guidance: Documentation | Qubes OS

In particular, you may want to review the Installation guide | Qubes OS

edit: Have you checked the hardware compatibility list? I see a somewhat similar Acer model listed, and it looks like someone else left a note on a few BIOS tweaks they had to make: Hardware compatibility list (HCL) | Qubes OS

I saw the hardware compatibility list and my model does not have the BIOS options that theirs has. It seems that acer decided to remove legacy boot for security reasons, however I don’t think that this is the issue, seeing as the grub screen loads fine. I have also read the installation guide as well as the UEFI troubleshooting guide(or something like that). The installation guide has no help for my issue and the UEFI troubleshooting guide is outdated. Thank you for your suggestions.