Quick poll about freeze during system update

Have you experienced at least one system freeze (no reaction to mouse and keyboard input) during update? … and which template is your management dispvm based on? (fedora is the default)

• no - fedora
  • no - fedora-minimal
  • no - debian
  • no - debian-minimal
  • no - other
  • yes - fedora
  • yes - fedora-minimal
  • yes - debian
  • yes - debian-minimal
  • yes - other

0 voters

How often does a freeze during update happen?

• always
  • sometimes
  • rarely
  • never

0 voters

When do you run updates?

• when the tray icon shows there are updates available
  • regularly even when the tray icon doesn’t show updates

0 voters

How do you run updates?

• GUI
  • command line

0 voters

I set the auto close for this topic to August 1st 2022 … in 12 days. The reason for this is that the poll is meant to be a snapshot in time (right now). I do hope a few more will take the poll.

In my own case I have changed the template for my management dvm from debian-11-minimal based to the stock fedora-36 and not observed any further freezes (so far). Before that I used the debian-11-minimal based one for a pretty long time without freezes too until it started happening very recently. … so I hope to narrow in on something here. Probably an instance of the “health warning” for minimal templates: know what you are doing! :wink:

However, above I see at least one person also experiencing an issue with a fedora based management dvm. It would be nice to see some more answers and if a pattern develops. Thank you for your consideration.

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.