Qubes Windows Tools Seamless Mode working ish

I added working ish, to the title because I know people hate QWT lol… However, I am running Qubes Release 4.0.4-rc1 with the testing Repos enabled… I installed a standard HVM Win7 image. Before doing updates install windows tools using the main site instructions. I then ran into an issue, where it wouldn’t start any program from the qubes menu but worked correctly in windows…
This was fixed by setting qvm-prefs default user. To the actually user name of the Windows7 account…my bad…

BUT here in lies a silly issue, The Windows machine, always starts Seamless mode Disabled. I have to then go into its settings, and enable it to work with full seamless…

Anyone know if there is a command line to start the VM seamless mode enabled, I can’t get one working ? Its a minor inconvenience to have a working seamless Windows OS (even if it is 7) but would be nice to just get it perfect?

In order to have seamless mode enabled at start, the registry value SeamlessMode in the key HKLM\Software\Invisible Things Lab has to be set to the value 1. If this value does not yet exist, create it as a DWORD value.

1 Like