[qubes-users] what's the speciality of dvm template for sys-* in v4.1?

Hi!

I'm using disposable sys-* on my v4.1 laptop. If choosing debian as default template a debian-11-dvm is created and used as a template dvm for sys-*

Strange observations:

1. in the xfce-menu no "Disposable: debian-11-dvm" is created
2. if I create a new disposable template and assign it as a base for sys-usb, my touchpad stops working and I have to use an external USB-mouse (which is working)

What's special about this default debian-11-dvm?

Also if I rename debian-11-dvm to e.g. special-debian-11-dvm, there's still no entry in the xfce menu.

If I create a brand new dvm template called debian-11-dvm-NEW and compare the properties (qvm-prefs, qvm-features) of debian-11-dvm-NEW and debian-11-dvm they differ only in parts which are supposed to be different like IP etc.

Please share some details about this special dvm and how can I create such a dvm manually?

Best, P!

liked2@gmx.de:

Hi!

I'm using disposable sys-* on my v4.1 laptop. If choosing debian as default template a debian-11-dvm is created and used as a template dvm for sys-*

Strange observations:

1. in the xfce-menu no "Disposable: debian-11-dvm" is created
2. if I create a new disposable template and assign it as a base for sys-usb, my touchpad stops working and I have to use an external USB-mouse (which is working)

1. Could be a regression. I remember seeing similar in earlier versions of 4.0. Check qubes-issues to see if it's being tracked somewhere, and possibly submit if not.
2. Double-check the rules in /etc/qubes-rpc and /etc/qubes-rpc/policy to see if they permit tablet input to dom0. Might have to tweak something if the template is named differently?