[qubes-users] Subscribed But Gmail - This Is Absurd!

For now I'm having to come to the list online and read it then I send an email from my client to reply, it's crazy... :frowning:

No you are right this situation is not inclusive, but Google did allow the NSA to spy through their services rather than take a stand against them, in doing so they helped to violate the Constitution of the United States and should be held as accountable!

So the point I was trying to make is you don't support a project like Google, especially in my mind when it's something like QubeOS.

The website says; 'Qubes is an open-source operating system designed to provide strong security for desktop computing.'

So what is this 'SECURITY', what does that mean to people? So with this thought of security in everyone's minds, why would you even consider supporting something like Google that supports the NSA? Does this now make any sense about your own security?

Spoken another way, creating an OS that is about Security and then supporting a company that allows for the violation of security makes absolutely sense to me. I guess everyone is only thinking about security from the standpoint of keeping a system safe against an attacker, but the real question is WHO is that attacker? And if it IS the NSA, well? See my point? :slight_smile:

The mail list should of been set up through something like icculus.org