[qubes-users] Screenreader - accessibility

Thank you for the replies! This definitely helps me to understand Qubes better. If this is the process for an application being passed along with dom0, would it be possible to actually use this process to an advantage in my case? If you are saying what I think you are and essentially a scanned image (bitmap) of the application or whatever you have open is passed on, wouldn’t it be possible to implement an OCR program at this stage to convert the image into plaintext, which could then be read by any screenreader.

My original plan was to try installing orca on dom0. I’m not sure if it is even compatible, but it may be worth a shot after reading the link to the “issue” on Github.(?) Reading that link also gave me an idea. Blind and visually impaired people obviously cannot benefit from the colored ribbons like those of you with vision. However, somewhat of an equivalent thing could be done by changing the voices spoken for a given app or Qube. A subtle change in pitch would suffice. Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself. Step one is just virtualizing my first Qube.

FYI: please edit this bid out if not allowed. I couldn’t find that this wasn’t, but I understand if it is... I want to use this operating system and have it available and accessible for people like me so bad that I would even pay for it to be something incorporated.