[qubes-users] Qubes Contrib repository

I guess one way to see what is available in the contrib repo is to look on [Github][1], but is there a way to list the available packages in the contrib repo from cli?

Assuming that one has already added the contrib repo,

sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-repo-contrib

[1]: (https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/7389)

Qubes wrote:

I guess one way to see what is available in the contrib repo is to look on [Github][1], but is there a way to list the available packages in the contrib repo from cli?

Assuming that one has already added the contrib repo,

sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-repo-contrib

[1]: (Dom0 GUI does not adhere to selected Xfce/Gtk theme · Issue #7389 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub)

Oops, wrong URL provided,

[1]: QubesOS-contrib · GitHub

qubes-dom0-update --repo=qubes-contrib-dom0-r4.1-current --action=list

Q1: Is there any way to list these in a way that can actually be copied to the clipboard from the sys-firewall xterm?

Using ctrl-c to copy something just closes the window and there is no menu bar for a copy/paste operation.

Q2: Is there a configuration to get sys-firewall add the menu bar back to this dynamically opened xterm?

On my system this command lists the packages in a completely unreadable color, which is why I wanted to copy it, so I could then paste it into something that would strip the awful color from the list so I could actually read it. I’m assuming there is a terminal configuration that controls these default window attributes?

Q3: Or change the color for this xterm so I can actually read what I need to type into the next command, if I found something I wanted to install?

A way to enlarge the width of the terminal to prevent the text from wrapping around would also be a help.

thanks!

All of those aspects of XTerm are configurable and are not Qubes-specific. You can simply search the web for "how to customize XTerm" to find many good guides that explain how to do all of this.