[qubes-users] Installing qubes-tunnel on fedora-32-minimal?

Firstly, I was able to get the user contrib qubes tunnel going on a fedora-32-minmal template and it was great! (great meaning so much easier than the more manual methods; though its still not clear to me if it includes a kill switch)

The problem is fed31 has reached EOL so I wanted to install it on a fed32 template so I started with (actually I installed it earlier but wanted to show that it is indeed installed):

bash-5.0# sudo dnf install qubes-repo-contrib
Last metadata expiration check: 0:45:12 ago on Wed Dec 16 11:23:25 2020.
Package qubes-repo-contrib-4.0.7-1.fc32.noarch is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

Then I tried to install the qubes-tunnel:

bash-5.0# sudo dnf install qubes-tunnel
Last metadata expiration check: 0:45:27 ago on Wed Dec 16 11:23:25 2020.
No match for argument: qubes-tunnel
Error: Unable to find a match: qubes-tunnel

???

I also tried to install qubes-tunnel on the proxyvm for sh*t and giggles but that didnt work either (same error). I looked in the /user/lib/qubes dir and qubes-tunnel wasnt there which explains why I get the error:

bash-5.0# sudo /usr/lib/qubes/qtunnel-setup --config
sudo: /usr/lib/qubes/qtunnel-setup: command not found

when i try to run it.

Thoughts?

Thanks, that worked however I run into another problem in that I cant seem to get vpns to work on anything except fed31minimal.
I have tried on centos minimal, debian minimal, fed31 minimal so I am assuming I am doing something wrong, but I dont know what as I AFAIK am doing the same thing i did with fed31.

I start with
sudo dnf install qubes-repo-contrib && sudo dnf update && sudo dnf upgrade

then sudo dnf install qubes-tunnel

Intially I think I was just doing that and not installing anything else but in trying to figure things out I started installing packages that the minimal docs page says are needed for NetVM and VPN qube (things like openvpn and qubes-core-agent-networking qubes-core-agent-network-manager NetworkManager-wifi network-manager-applet wireless-tools notification-daemon gnome-keyring polkit and sakura, a term i can paste into)

The above now seems to work ok, but then I create an appvm - vpnfed32, select the template (centos/deb/fed32 minimals) then check the "provides network" then go to the Services tab and add qubes-tunnel-openvpn then click ok.

Then I make sure the template and new appvm are closed, then start up the vpnvm from dom0:

qvm-run -u root vpnfed32 sakura &

and run

/usr/lib/qubes/qtunnel-setup --config

then enter my vpn provider (PIA) username then password

then copy one of the pia .ovpn profiles to

/rw/config/qtunnel/qtunnel.conf

then shutdown the vpn vm, then open the settings for another appvm set vpnfed32 as the networking vm to vpnfed32 and then try to start the AppVM (that I just set to use vpnfed32) up but nada, no connection to the internet at all.

Is there something above that is incorrect? Or maybe a log I could post?

Thank you in advance