[qubes-users] Installing Qubes OS contributed packages? (rofi and tunnel packages)

Hi, a few questions about the contributed packages.
I guess for starters, these shouldnt work in CentOS correct? (I assume this since there was only repo install instructions for fed, deb, and dom0).

I had wanted to try out rofi so I installed the repo in dom0, seemed to work just fine, but then i tried to install rofi, I tried every way i could like
sudo qubes-dom0-updates qubes-rofi
sudo qubes-dom0-updates rofi
sudo qubes-dom0-updates --action=install qubes-rofi
sudo qubes-dom0-updates --action=install rofi
sudo dnf install rofi
sudo dnf install qubes-rofi

and probably a few others i am forgetting but they all returned the same error, couldnt find the package? How does one correctly install in dom0?

I also wanted to try the to install the tunnel but am using centos minimal templates so I assume that was my problem there? (though normally I would just add the repo in the template, then install the tunnel package in the template correct?

Thank you for this, I am really hoping that some of these packages can help make some of the installation and configuration in qubes a bit easier!!

I just tried to install qubes-tunnel in a fedora template and that also didnt work,

sudo dnf install qubes-repo-contrib && sudo dnf install qubes-tunnel

adding the repo went fine, installing the package returned a package not found error

I just tried to install qubes-tunnel in a fedora template and that
also didnt work,

sudo dnf install qubes-repo-contrib && sudo dnf install qubes-tunnel

Try with `dnf install --refresh --enablerepo=qubes-repo-contrib
qubes-tunnel`. It may be that either the new metadata hasn't come down
(happens a lot on Debian, not so much fedora) or the repo isn't enabled
by default in the package.

Thanks for the suggestion, I get pretty much the same kind of error (in the template and in dom0 when trying to install rofi)

bash-5.0# sudo dnf install --refresh --enablerepo=qubes-repo-contrib qubes-tunnel
Error: Unknown repo: 'qubes-repo-contrib'

yet when I installed something (Sakura in this case) it clearly showed it was checking the contrib repo in addition to the other repos?

1. The reason you're getting "Error: Unknown repo" is that the repository name is not "qubes-repo-contrib". Rather, the name depends on your Qubes release and whether it is in dom0 or a TemplateVM. For example, in a Fedora VM on Qubes 4.0, the new repository is:

/etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-contrib-vm-r4.0.repo

2. After I installed the repository in a Fedora VM, I checked and found that it was already enabled, so --enablerepo is unnecessary.

3. I then tried to install the "qubes-tunnel" package in the same VM. Even though dnf reported that the contrib repo was checked, the "qubes-tunnel" package was not found. So, I can at least partially reproduce this. However, I don't know whether this problem is specific to the "qubes-tunnel" package.

I suggest filing a bug report.

(Attachment OpenPGP_signature is missing)