[qubes-users] How to properly and entirely revert the GUI VM setup?

Hello,

I have been playing around with the GUI VM setup and it works on my machine (didn’t manage to have network, but didn’t look into that, see next), but the necessity to set a new password for user every time it is fired up renders it’s use so impractical, I will refrain for now.

The question then arises on how to roll its Deployment back. Do I just set the salt recipe to disable and delete the xfce template/vm? Or is there more to revert?

Thank you for any pointers.

Sincerely, Joh

'Johannes Graumann' via qubes-users:

Hello,

I have been playing around with the GUI VM setup and it works on my machine (didn't manage to have network, but didn't look into that, see next), but the necessity to set a new password for user every time it is fired up renders it's use so impractical, I will refrain for now.

The question then arises on how to roll its Deployment back. Do I just set the `salt` recipe to disable and delete the xfce template/vm? Or is there more to revert?

Check out the bottom of qubes-doc/user/advanced-topics/guivm.md at guivm · fepitre/qubes-doc · GitHub . Haven't done it myself, though.

Thank you. Done. And all corresponding VMs/images deleted.

BUT: The GUI vm remains as an option on the login screen (along with xfce) ... I'm now wondering whether that's the only stale remnant on the system ...

Thanks for further hints.