[qubes-users] How to get a projector working with Qubes OS R4.0 and a Win10 HVM ?

I would like to be certain that I’m able to get a projector working with Qubes OS R4.0 and a Win10 HVM.

I’m going to connect the projector through a HDMI cable.

What shall I do to get the projector working with Qubes OS R4.0 and a Win10 HVM ?

Shall I just assign the projector the same way when using USB-divices or how does it work with a external HDMI device ?

It should just show up in dom0 as another display. In XFCE you can use
Settings | Display to configure it or if you are comfortable with
xrandr you can do it from the console too.

The advantage of the xrandr route is that you can have convenient bash
scripts for different projectors (... different resolutions etc)

/Sven

- --
public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6

Thank, you.

Yes, it worked without any problems.

In case others would like to know, you can go into the Qubes Applications menu -> System Tools -> Display. Here you can change what shall be shown on the projector and the resolution of the screen.

It seems that the resolution of the PC-screen changes to match the resolution of the projector. And afterwards it is necessary to go into “Display” to change the resolution of the PC-screen back to the resolution that was used before connecting to a projector.

fredag den 13. november 2020 kl. 04.40.09 UTC+1 skrev sv...@svensemmler.org:

I forgot to write:

You just plug the HDMI-cable into the computer and the projector will only show the left part of the desktop, which makes it possible to only show windows on the left side of the desktop on the projector while the right side of the desktop-space is used to only show windows on the PC. In case you don’t like this setting, it is possible to change it under “Display” as mentioned above.

And it doesn’t seem to matter if you plug the HDMI-cable into the PC before or after starting the projector and PC or before or after login.

fredag den 13. november 2020 kl. 12.15.33 UTC+1 skrev M:

There is no need for “mounting” the projector to a specific VM like when mounting USB-devices.

fredag den 13. november 2020 kl. 12.31.24 UTC+1 skrev M: