[qubes-users] Hardware doesn't report any support voltages.

my apologies, I cannot seem to reply to my previous post without logging into google.

I'm not quite sure what I did, but I fiddled with something in the BIOS and finally Qubes installed and booted. I was prompted for my disk encryption password, but then Qubes dropped to a shell and gave me the following error messages:

localhost kernel: mmc0: Hardware doesn't report any support voltages.

When I run journalctl, here is the condensed version of what I get (only including lines in red text):

localhost kernel: mmc0: Hardware doesn't report any support voltages.
[...]
localhost pcmcia-socket-startup[205]: chdir to /etc/pcmcia failed: No such file or directory
[...]
localhost systemd[1]: /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator exited with exit status 1.
localhost system-cryptsetup-generator[220]: failed to create unti file /run/systemd/generator/etc..(some hex stuff here)...service: File exists

and so forth, basically saying it can't decrypt the LVM volume.

Of interest:

Qubes will not boot if I select the regular boot option (first case reported above.) If I enter Advanced Boot and select the first option, I am able to enter Qubes with the intermittent voltage error (second case reported above).

I installed Qubes on an external USB3 SSD and often see a warning about the the voltages thing,
But it boots normally so I do not bother.

However once I forgot to plug in the second USB cable (for adding additional current to the SSD) of the Y cable of the SSD and booting stopped with the same voltages error.

So you may perhaps check that all stuff related to power supply, battery etc work at full potential.

best

Franz

I get a few of these on the console but ignore them as the system appears
to work normally.

-A