[qubes-users] Configure WireGuard on Qubes

I couldn't find a usable description of how to set up the most secure WireGuard configuration on Qubes. I am aiming to create a flexible network arrangement with chosen VMs going through WireGuard only and others through Tor only.

I have tried the information at GitHub - tasket/Qubes-vpn-support: VPN configuration in Qubes OS but found it is out of date and written before WireGuard was added to the kernel. I also thought it was not written for a beginner to understand and adapt to their needs.

I have also tried the information at Qubes Community Collaboration · GitHub but again it is not written well for a beginner.

Implementing WireGuard for secure network access is necessary before I can connect this installation to the Internet so I hope someone can help me to set this up.

I should have added. We are on a similar path. I am looking to use the gui app for Mullvad instead. The app provides access to all the Mullvad Servers/Nodes all around the world. Has Bridges. Makes it easy to delete connections, I am allowed five, but use multiple computers and end up starting more than five.

Can not get it to install on sys-vpn, yet.

There is a post about using Mullvad VPN gui app in a single App Qube, that is not persistent. Which is a problem with other third party software., persistent, in my humble opinion, also means, it needs a ready to open Tab.

I used

to setup a dedicated VPN VM with the Mullvad GUI. Has some
idiosyncrasies, but works really not bad. Been using it for a couple
weeks already as a daily drive.

RSS:

I used

Using Mullvad VPN on Qubes OS | PrivSec - A practical approach to Privacy and Security

to setup a dedicated VPN VM with the Mullvad GUI. Has some
idiosyncrasies, but works really not bad. Been using it for a couple
weeks already as a daily drive.

Thanks, I will look at this link and see if it works for my setup.

I should have added. We are on a similar path. I am looking to use
the gui app for Mullvad instead. The app provides access to all the
Mullvad Servers/Nodes all around the world. Has Bridges. Makes it
easy to delete connections, I am allowed five, but use multiple
computers and end up starting more than five.

Yes the five connection limitation is the only problem I have with Mullvad service. If we each make a request to Mullvad Support possibly they will look at a different way of preventing account sharing that is more flexible for user needs.

Wireguard VPN setup

Thanks for the link, I will see if works well for me. Let me know if you find any solutions or improvements to this setup.