Qubes is EXTREMELY slow on very new p1 gen 5 lenovo laptop

Hi barcodeman can you please publish an HCL?
I also want to purchase a Thinkpad P1 Gen 5. I am wondering if yours has the nvidia GPU or just the intel integrated GPU? Can you share the model number so i can lookup psref and study specs you have.

also what display do you have? what is max resolution?

thanks

I can’t update to the latest kernel because the Wi-Fi doesn’t work :grinning:

I tried using the Alfa AWUS036NHA adapter and it doesn’t seem to want to work. How did you update with no Wi-Fi? I am tempted to just download a unofficial latest kernel version, linked above somewhere in this thread…

Have you tried this to fix Wi-Fi

20Y3008KUS

Or just plug in usb c Ethernet adapter ?

Also refer to this same spec same situation tethered to phone via usb

I have tried plugging in a ethernet cable via usbc converter, which works instantly on windows and it didn’t work on qubes.

When I plug in the AWUS036ACH or another wireless adapter nothing comes up on devices so I cannot attach it to sys-net.

I can’t think of any other way to get an internet connection at this point, so I don’t know what to do other than get a unverified qubes OS version with the latest kernel…

How do you suggest I update sys-net?

super strange both a AWUS036ACH and a usb ethernet both not working is really strange

when you first setup QubesOS and it asks you how to setup the VMs did you select it asks you about making sys-usb and sys-net so you can connect usb network adapters i forgot the exact wording but did you select that option?

Just update your sys-net template and give it a restart.