Qubes hanging on startup

I’ve looking around online and in this forum and I can’t seem to even find a report like what’s happened here, so here are the details -

I’m able to boot up fine, and there are no error messages during the startup at all, but it just hangs after “Starting Hold until boot process finishes up”, “Started Command Scheduler”, and “Starting Light Display Manager”, sometimes in a different order. I CAN get into other ttys from there, and I can log into dom0 even. But I have no clue how to fix my problem since it doesnt seem to be documented anywhere that I can find. I’m not using any testing versions of qubes (I’m running 4.0.3), and I havent been messing with anything, so I don’t really know where to start looking for culprits. It could be lightdm, but I can’t find much. So any help would be super super appreciated.

Oh yeah also when I try to boot into it from qubes iso usb, it says it can’t find any partitions every time. I don’t know what that’s about? Unless I just so happened to get my password wrong every time and it doesnt account for that… So maybe thats involved. At first I was really worried about corruption, but since I can get into the system from tty, I think the problem is elsewhere.

Along with that, this is a fairly new install, I’ve just been slowly working on getting it working well, so I don’t have much that I desperately need out of it, just a few files, which I was planning to rsync out with qvm-run-vm, including some configs from dom0. And I don’t seem to be able to do qvm-copy-to-vm from dom0 with no X server? I changed the qubes.Filecopy policy to dom0 ssh allow (ssh being the name of my ssh qube), but it didn’t allow the copy to happen. It just hangs there so I’m assuming it’s waiting for the usual response via GUI, which I can’t give in tty. So any help here also would be super useful!
i would be so grateful for some help with these questions

I’m no expert, and I’m sure the experts will have additional troubleshooting steps for you, but when I went through a crashed system, I realized it’s just better to sometimes reinstall. First doing a backup of my files by attaching the drive to an external system with the following guide: How to mount a Qubes partition from another OS | Qubes OS

And the lesson I learned is have a weekly backup plan to separately handle my files, and and appvms. Using both qubes backup manager and rsync for the numerous files I have as qubes backup manager takes too long for large amount of files, but is great for complex appvms without much files inside.