Qubes Appreciation Mega-thread

Creating a mega-thread to collect quotes on what people like about Qubes. So, share your thoughts.

Note: Occasionally I’ll also move posts to here that are a bit out of context in their own thread but fit here perfectly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Installing Software in Qubes (all methods):

You and others write such quality posts and help in this community. Thanks. :slight_smile: :v: :pray:
Qubes make me breathe more in a world of 1984 sometimes… Just gives more peace of mind then if on blobby window$, android$, i$p’s and credit cards only/no cash allowed, McDonalds, taxes and cheery on-top. Plus mass location, MacDonald menus. (remember it’s for your safety and national security menus also with a little bit of covid. I’m joking. Got to try and have humor in crazy times.)
I have not used Qubes for a while. I just like it. I wish phones where similar. So thanks to the QUBES team and everyone. Such a clean OS!
Thanks

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Installing Software in Qubes (all methods):

I missed Qubes. Been using another dist… It’s awesome that you can have password manager in another qube. I like cubes, i will use this more often. The OS has been much improved and the design also. I really like the qubes global manager also, and the update tool. Just the solutions where people manage to combine many complicated things into one easy layout. That must be really hard to do!
Plus the design… The appearance, and how you can modify it to your liking. Mine looks real sweet right now let’s leave it at that. :wink:
This topic do help also… yeah i hope qubes stay around for many years. I could get used to using this for many many years…
It’s so brilliant how you can switch qubes for different work or stuff. The password manager example. Safe from hackers in another qube. It’s brilliant. (The copy and paste solution works, even though i read another solution once… )
And how you can clone a cube and just put it offline if you got passwords. It feels more natural then a regular os almost… But i will probably use both a “normal one” and qubes. So yeah, thanks!
The template installs are a great idea also, plus the stand alone ones… This is evolution when it comes to operating systems…
I did know allot of the stuff already, but got much to learn in time. The proxy tool is also smart.
cubes-gb53643683_640

“Qubes, the number one choice.” :wink:

3 Likes