Qubes 4 stuck rebooting before disk password screen

Hi, I hope this question isn’t too newbie. My qubes machine, which was previously working fine, suddenly won’t boot. It loads the kernel from Grub then goes to the black screen with the blinking cursor for a few seconds, then when I am expecting the Qubes disk password screen the system just reboots.

If I look on the boot partition from within the Grub command line I don’t see anything which looks like a log file, so I am stuck. I don’t know where to go from here. Is there a way for me to view a log or a way to boot in a debug mode?

I am using Qubes 4 on a Librem 15. It was all running fine before this started happening. I didn’t do anything unusual or do any updates just before it started happening.

Incidentally, Grub says both (hd0) and (hd0,msdos2) [encrypted qubes partition] have no known filesystem detected but (hd0,msdos1) the boot partition has ext2. Is it normal for it to not recognise the encrypted partition?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try clicking on Esc. It should show the boot log or at least something that can give some more hints.

All questions are welcome. Everybody has to start somewhere :slight_smile: