Probably not Qube but? (MSI board boots straight to bios for hard drive but not usb stick?)

Thanks I’m back :slight_smile:
I checked and I only have 3 partitions on my qubes disk and there were no other drives that showed up. I have to admit I know of LVM and pools but thats about it, from what you said though would that be an issue if I was selecting the “delete all” option during installation? I did try the lvcreate command and it indeed already exists, then tried vgremove qubes_dom0 (while booted in qubes) and was not able to as i got an error about not being able to remove as the root-pool was in the qubes_dom0 so it seems operation failed? So perhaps do it from a rescue/boot disk and retry? Its not clear to me how that would work though, if I delete qubes_dom0 then that is deleting the install right so not sure how I’d re-run the setup process?

Regardless, I saw the Qubes 4 rc5 was out and gave that a try in hope that would resolve my issue, and like RC4 it installed fine with no errors but then when i tried to boot I get taken to the BIOS setup so guess I need to go through the efibootmgr hoops again, which makes me think I am going to end up where I left off :frowning:

Not sure if it’d cause an issue if you had old unencrypted Qubes OS LVM partition in installer and tried to delete all.

I meant to remove just vm-pool, not root-pool or entry VG.