PM Guides and Tips for new users

For any noobs out there, we received too many PMs from a single person that trying to ask so many questions. Without further a do, let’s give them tips, tricks, and guides for how to use the pm correctly.

Guides

For any new users, they must search through the forum first to see any similar issues. Most new users doesn’t know that the PM tool can have limited about of topics to a single user that may help them. They also didn’t know that PM can be annoying for some users who are trying to help them. Similarly, each users in the forum has their own rules to follow and some noobs were broken them unexpectedly. Here are the guides for the PM:

1. PM only used for when you ran out of initial replies to a single that has the experience of and knowing of how to do it.

2. Same subject must stay in the same topic PM, DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER PM TOPIC.

3. New users shall not exceed the following numbers of PM topics: ~10 per day.

4. If the new users created exceeding amounts of PM topic that they created, subjects are LOCKED to be review by the users and admins.

5. More PM topics, the annoying will get.

Tips

1. Creating more PM topics = less sanity from any experienced users

2. No OUT-OF-NOWHERE topics in the PM, they are getting annoying in such a problem

3. According to Laws of Intelligence, which is need to download, No. 5, they have to noted the situation

Tricks

1. Use the reply button from the bottom of the PM topic even in mobile phones

2. Creating RE’s could trigger someone’s mind to report the annoyance

3. DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER PM TOPICS FOR WHATEVER REASONS, THEY MUST STAY IN ONE PM TOPIC

Conclusion

All noobs shall not create too many PMs to one single user as they tends to annoy them as much as possible. PERIOD.

(This topic will be part of the Code of Conduct for any new users)

1 Like

Yeah, this is annoying. I suggest you just disable PMs instead or do as I do, which is to immediately reply that I don’t do private consultations and for them to publish on the public section of the forum.

1 Like

Could you give me some directions?

https://forum.qubes-os.org/u/HPOA909/preferences/users and tick only allow specific users to send me personal messages.

2 Likes