Networking isn't working (Help)

Hi, I was tinkering with somethings yesterday and I think I did something that shat on sys-net or sys-firewall but it says sys-net has no networking while my sys-firewall has networking since it’s linked to sys-net. Honestly if what I’m about to say makes sense, I just want to reset all my networking in Qubes to how they were if that means my internet will work again besides my dedicated vpn qube which I don’t use for the all networking just 1 qube at a time. I still have my vpn network manager and 2 other network managers and all 3 of them say they’re connected to VM uplink eth0. Help would be beyond appreciated

it normal because sys-net got access tor your network card

So I should unattach my ethernet from sys-net? No wifi card was ever on any qube

unless you want a offline machine, no

So I do currently have an offline machine?, my 2 network interfaces say it’s connected to my network and internet connections cannot be found anywhere on my computer. I made sure to come to the qubes forum until there was nothing else I could think of to fix my internet.

it difficult to understand this here, can you take a picture of qubes manager

Yeah

it seem like sys-net and sys-firewall is a appvm and not service qubes thought it able to provide network to other qubes (because network-manager service is enabled)

They are both services and I don’t have any internet via any vm

i’m don’t know how to make there vm became service qubes after created (this might need some command)

Is the green Network Manager icon in the top panel in Notification Area coming from sys-firewall? If so, you need to get rid of it perhaps by disabling the network manager from service or just delete and recreate the sys-firewall.

But before you go there can you check the yellow triangle exclamation icon in the settings from both sys-net and sys-firewall and see what message it’s giving you? You can just put your cursor there or might have to click the icon to see a pop up message.

I’m going out of town for another 6-7 days but when I get access to my machine again whether it’s on another machine out of town since I brought my qubes ssd with me or my machine when I’m back in town I will tell u what happens based on ur feedback, I would like to add that I already removed network manager from sys-firewall before I saw this and still encountered problems connecting to internet on sys-net’s network-manager.

that definitely not the problem, my qubes installation got 3 Network Manager icon (not by default)(one came from sys-net,one from sys-firewall and another from sys-usb)

that definitely not the problem, my qubes installation got 3 Network Manager icon (not by default)(one came from sys-net,one from sys-firewall and another from sys-usb)

Actually, you are right. I suppose sys-vpn can have Network Manager enabled and everything should still work. Sorry about that.

If for some weird reason, ‘provides network’ is disabled in those vm, then you can try in dom0 terminal

qvm-prefs sys-net

and look for provides_network - True.

If it’s False, you can

qvm-prefs sys-net provides_network True

to turn it back on.

But this is probably not the problem.

Perhaps, instead of deleting those vms, you can just turn off those vms and create another sys-net-test and sys-firewall-test and see if internet connects.