Mouse Problems in Games

I did basically the same thing, I installed Minetest via flatpak on a fedora-39 template based qube and attached a usb mouse. However at first nothing seemed to happen but it became apparent that the mouse did mount to the qube, just without a visible pointer. I can play games like minetest, but the mouse is “invisible” the whole time which is really annoying, and makes game play very difficult.

I was able to resolve the issue with OpenSpades by re-creating the Qube using a standard debian-12 template, then attaching the external USB mouse direct to it as suggested earlier in the thread. So the issue in my case was with the debian-12-minimal template lacking the required mouse Xorg support.

I’ll try this for minetest too and let you know if it resolves.

UPDATE: external USB mouse is behaving correctly after rebuilding Minetest Qube with debian-12 standard template.

1 Like

So does your mouse pointer actually show up? Because in both the Debian and fedora qubes I have, the mouse “works” like it should after mounting it, but its not actually visible, for example:

You can see where the mouse is by the highlighted box it’s selecting, but you don’t see the mouse pointer itself. I understand this is a commen issue I just don’t know how to fix it.

Confirmed that the pointer does not show up in Minetest on my end either. The workaround only fixes the squirrelly/spinning mouse problem when playing the game.

1 Like

Has anyone found a fix to the “no mouse pointer” problem? I ran into the same problem. Blender works fine (HVM with a RTX 4060 via passthrough), but I can’t use the value sliders, as these seem to “grab” the mouse, which doesn’t work / isn’t allowed in Qubes. So I attached a second mouse and passed the USB-device to the AppVM. Works as intended, but is unusable, as there is no mouse pointer. Same in Gimp or even the terminal itself. Everything works, but no mouse pointer is rendered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!