Missing boot entry after shutdown

Hello,
I need help urgently and would appreciate any tips.
I have two hard drives on my computer. One 250gb ssd and a 1tb ssd. On the smaller one I installed qubes for testing purposes and then switched to the 1tb for daily work.

Today my computer first froze and then shut down. It automatically tried to reboot and I got this error message:

After waiting for a while I shut down the computer again and on the next reboot it bootet into the 250gb ssd. Rebooting and looking into the boot menu gave me

So the boot entry is completely missing. When I try to boot from the 1tb ssd I get

I appreciate any help! I don’t really know what to do and I don’t want to accidentally delete my data (if it is still available…).

Thanks in advance!

Qubes created a new entry Qubes (M.2_1…250) and thats the one Qubes is using, regardless if there are some other entries, which point to SSD drives. I’m afraid you have to edit the grub configuration with a second entry called somewhat Windows (M.2_2 …) to get this available in a boot menu.

But I can’t tell you, how exactly this should be done. So please wait for some more repies here. Guess some other people can help you edit the boot configuration.

Perhaps these could be helpful:

Thanks for the quick reply!
I booted into rescue mode from a qubes4.1 bootstick, entered the shell and typed

efibootmgr -v -c -u -L QubesOS -l /EFI/qubes/grubx64.efi -d /dev/nvmen1 -p 1

That did it!

1 Like