Lenovo ThinkPad T480s

This sounds to me like you want me to change the reporter name from @HPOA909 to @HPOA909 in the HCL – right? The link under the reporter name goes back to this thread and in the forum you are called @HPOA909. That might be confusing. Do you want to change your forum user name to @HPOA909 too?

yes

@deeplow please change the user name, I’ll fix up the HCL entry (done).

1 Like

Done!

2 Likes

ThanQ

Remarks

The Qubes R4.1 has a very good functions for my current laptop. I submit this file for the current testing version of R4.1-rc4.

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20L70028US-20220122-212456.yml (846 Bytes)

2 Likes

Thank you! Does suspend work?

1 Like

IDK, we have to find out.

1 Like

Thank you @HPOA909 for your HCL report, which is online now.

I merged your two threads into the main machine page for the T480s and linked the moved posts from the HCL. Please use this thread for all future discussions and HCL reports regarding this machine. Thank you!

2 Likes

alright, thx.

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

For those of you who are wondered can game on Qubes OS with T480s, yes it works but the frame rate is low about 2fps at a time. PS: I’m played TMNationsForever via Wine virtual desktop.

1 Like

it a not a virtualization software, it a compatibility layer, which mean that this reflect actual performance of the game

@fsflover & @sven
Apologies for my rather late answer but I have been busy with other issues and had no time to dig further in QUBES OS.
I just did email my HCL report to qubes-users@googlegroups.com

In answer to your other question about suspend. Suspend doesn´t seem to be a problem for now.
But I will have to test it more thorough. Wil be back on this suspend issue mentioned here.

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20L8SA2V00-20220201-231151.yml (859 Bytes)

2 Likes

@fsflover
I can confirm that suspend works, on my T480s 20L8 I didn’t run in to suspend issues.

@sven

2 Likes

@Sven,

Hi Sven you requested new HCL reports for QUBES OS Release 4.1

Here is my HCL report after a new clean install (not an upgrade from the RC4).

By the way TPM is activated. I don’t have a clue why HCL report reads “TPM: Device not found” Is there someone here that can inform me about this?

@fsflover
I ran in one problem with suspend. After supending to sleep by closing the lid for more than 12 hours the system wouldn’ t wake up. I have had this same problem with a T480 before. After that I found that suspend is working fine again. But I didn’ t keep it for lomger than 4 hours in suspend.

2 Likes

Thank you @Amadeus65 for your R4.1 report, which is online now.

1 Like

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20L70028US-20220628-151313.yml (859 Bytes)

I am now upload to the hcl @Sven

works = yes
credit can be credit me
no remarks
link is up to you

3 Likes

Thank you @HPOA909 for your HCL report, which is online now.

1 Like

I’ve currently got 4.0 working on a T480S.
Lenovo’s Thinkpad BIOS does not allow you to select the EFI file and expects a standard EFI directory naming/structure, as per:

Once copying the efi files from -/qubes/ all works well.
I’ll send an updated reply when I’ve got r4.1 working.