Lenovo Legion 5i (15imh05h)

This was back when I first started today though… Graphics is 1650ti

Are you able to image a disk with the Qubes-R4.1.2-x86_64.iso and check all the UEFI/BIOS settings you and I have are the same? The only difference would be you have 1660 vs I have 1650… Do I still need to add the i915.force_probe=* - this was a suggestion you had from a long time ago? I have added that and still udev failure…

with 4.1 i dont need any kernel parameters.

Hmmmm… Any other things you think you may have enabled/disabled in the BIOS? I can turn off other features like Intel Thermal section etc. Also, did you have an external keyboard/monitor hooked up? Mouse? etc.

nope

no

i think no.

i have state this long ago.

your best bet is perhaps using 4.2 or i’ve seen that you have windows, try using rufus with gpt style for 4.1.2

These instructions are outdated: UEFI troubleshooting | Qubes OS

I just tried Legacy mode and still get [FAILED] Failed to start udev

I can try Rufus with 4.1.2 ISO

yes and dont forget to use gpt style and dd.

This would take a lot of work correct? I do not have any Windows ROM/ISO equipment to convert to GPT style I do not think or is there a simpler way?

nope, just insert your flashdrive, run rufus, disk with gpt, and use dd to write iso.

Ah, I see the option would probably be there but ISO is still downloading… You’re talking about this screen in Rufus for “Partition scheme” will be “GPT” there?

Do I need to change anything on those ISO volumes like it talks about here? UEFI troubleshooting | Qubes OS

no, just follow here, use gpt part. and dd later.

OK, I am trying now with Qubes-4.2.202303150603-x86_64.iso Ah, messed up graphics again. Rebooted and no bad graphics but got the udev failure again… it’s still going…

Getting a bunch more of these I/O timeout messages for pretty much nmve0 number in 4, 10, 5, 11, 6, 7, 9 and they are repeating about once every minute… just got 8 for the first time FYI… nvme0: I/O 8 QID 0 timeout, completion polled

its weird because in my side, i can access installer. when you try 4.2 have you try with kernel-latest?

I ended up falling asleep almost at the keyboard. I chose the Troubleshoot option and used whatever it was - I woke up to this finally - it does not take internal keyboard input or external (plugged in off camera)

Went back to non-test / release ISO with GPT and DD and no longer got the udev failure but still having the nvme timeout issues again

can you disable your virtualization in bios then retry, see if it work.

OK - I will reboot now - this is where I left it

With VT disabled still getting this loop:

Finally got to the emergency shell prompt and again it is not accepting keyboard onboard/external:

@51lieal would you think it could be related to this? I’ve disabled hyper threading in bios: Installer does not boot - nvme timeout completion polled - #3 by lrvick but still get spammed with nvme errors…

is there a boot image for the installer that has fedora 35 and not fedora 32?