Large Youtube Channel Mentions Qubes OS (SomeOrdinaryGamers)

SomeOrdinaryGamers is a large youtube channel that talks about games and some other computer stuff. In this video he mentions Qubes OS (19m25s):

You could use something known as Qubes OS, which literally virtualizes everything underneath. You’re acutally installing a hypervisor and you’re virtualizing all of your sessions underneth Qubes. Very secure, probably the most secure operating system.

So there may be an influx of newcomers :crossed_fingers:. He also mentons whonix and tails.

4 Likes

This is (good & bad) at the same time.

A few points to consider…

-Most people just give up trying to prevent tracking because you need so much knowledge and understanding just to even try…

-Instead of learning,researching or trying to build there qubes os system the way they want it and understand how it work. A lot of people will just want it done for them.

-Most importantly,the more attention one draws to themselves. The bigger the “radar blip” and this in today’s world is a very bad thing …

You know their a a few other Linux communities I belong too (privacy/security) focus. It took me weeks to get accepted. There were questions I had to answer, prove I had at least some knowledge of Linux and or security understanding and then why I wanted to be there.

You know there should be some type of filters setup I believe for this “qubes os” community to help, protect and advance us.

And to keep the integrity of this place…