Laptop won't use 2nd display with GPU

I’ve spent the past 3 days trying to get this figured out as I really like this OS but I need 2 monitors. I am on an MSI GF65 10UE with an Nvidia 3060 inside. Plugging the HDMI cable in leaves the second monitor showing no signal. I have tried the nouveau driver and installed the Nvidia driver into dom0. All that did is allow me to change the brightness and the refresh rate from 77hz. The second screen won’t show up in xrandr.

However I was able to make a Kali linux HVM and passthrough the GPU to that. Only issue is the mouse is not seamless and I have to move it within a black box on my laptop monitor to use it on the second display. My laptop BIOS does not let me choose whether I can run the graphics in discrete or hybrid mode, it is very limited (although apparently there is a windows only program that some users reported allowed them to change to discrete graphics).

I have not been able to get any sort of xorg.conf file working in dom0 however it did work in that kali VM. I tried making another VM based on that Kali machine and when it started it would just open the xfce display settings non stop. I now no longer have audio and am getting close to just running another OS with QEMU.

Ideally I’d be able to use 2 monitors with dom0, however I could accept dom0 on one display and an hvm qube in the second but I really don’t want to have to use that black box to control the qube.

Is QubesOS right for me?

You can try this:

Are you able to use two monitors in general Linux OS e.g. in Fedora?