Is There a Simpler Gentoo Minimal Networking Setup?

Hi all

I’ve started using the gentoo-minimal template but there doesn’t appear to be any ebuilds for qubes-core-agent-networking or qubes-core-agent-network-manager.

So I was wondering if there is a good way of setting up proper qubes networking without hacking down the full template?

I did manage to get networking up and running by copying over files from the full gentoo template but I don’t trust that I haven’t missed something important. So would appreciate a more fool-proof method if someone know of one.

If anyone is interested, here is what I copied from the gentoo template:
Relevant services from /lib/systemd/system/ e.g. qubes-firewall, qubes-iptables, net*, ip*, tiny*, qubes-sync*, qubes-up*, etc
/usr/lib/qubes/*
/usr/bin/qubes-firewall
What I think is relevant from /usr/lib/qubes/init/
/etc/udev/rules.d/99*
/etc/xdg/autostart/00*
/etc/dhclient.d/*
/etc/xen/scripts/vi*
/etc/qubes/ip*
/etc/qubes-rpc/qubes.UpdatesProxy
/etc/tinyproxy/*
/usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/*
/etc/NetworkManager/*

I also needed to install network manager, ethtool, notification-daemon, xfce4-notifyd, nm-applet

Hi @Uqube, I’ve changed the title a bit so it better reflects the issue (to see if it gets some more attention). If you feel I doesn’t apply as well, feel free to adjust it :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, the new title is good. For now I’ve moved away from the gentoo-minimal template for networking

1 Like