Installation issues, stuck for the first time (Lenovo Legion 5 Pro)

Hi everyone,

Been using Qubes over the years across multiple laptops and desktops. I have always managed to get any issues sorted, but this time I am truly stuck.

Trying to install Qubes on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX3700) to no avail. I know, this is not exactly the ideal laptop for Qubes, but it’s what I got at the moment.

Essentially when I boot the install from a usb device I get the initial booting text (ending in Xen is relinquishing VGA console) before going to a black screen. I followed all of the usual UEFI troubleshoot and otherwise stuff (removing noexitboot=1 and mapbs=1, turning off nouveau, black listing, uefi off, console none, etc) and I never seem to get anywhere. Tried installing the beta version as well, same issue but at least here I was able to use vga=current,keep to get further into to a loop of “cpu soft lockup”. Even thought the bios supports not secure boot, it has no legacy option.

My question is, can it be the case that there is really nothing I can do? I can use BSD or whatever for a while, but the simple thought of having my vault outside a netless vm is enough to make me depressed.

Thanks in advance.

More details about installing Qubes on AMD 5800H platform: Qubes 4.1 on Legion 5 pro R7 5800H RTX3060

Thank you! I had just replied there.

1 Like