I tried to install on this operating system TUXEDO, QubesOS on it

Hello,

I tried to install on this operating system TUXEDO, QubesOS on it.
However, it did not work as desired, for this reason I installed Ubuntu on it.
Now Ubuntu is running on this notebook.

Question, how do you install QubesOS on the notebook now, is there the graphics card problem, if so where do you get there graphics card drivers etc and how would you install something like that?

TUXEDO Gemini 17 - Gen1
Opt.UHD | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti 8GB | Intel Core i7-12700H

Opt.16 GB (1x 16GB) 3200Mhz CL22 Samsung
Opt.16 GB (1x 16GB) 3200Mhz CL22 Samsung

Opt.1 TB Samsung 980 (NVMe PCIe 3.0)
Opt.1 TB Samsung 980 (NVMe PCIe 3.0)

Opt.keyboard with TUX Super key
Opt.keyboard layout DEUTSCH (DE-DE)
Opt.Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (802.11ax | 2.4 & 5 GHz | Bluetooth 5.2)

Opt.TUXEDO OS (recommendation)
Opt.without Windows
Opt.without virtual Windows
Opt.2 years warranty (Incl. parts, labor & shipping)
Opt.EU power cable | F C6

If you don’t point out what exactly went wrong during Qubes OS installation then there is no way anyone will be able to help you.

Your device appears compatible with QubesOS.

How about you to create a boost USB, try installing Qubes OS, takes photos of the errors and post photos here?

Selecting kernel 6.x on boot install might help.

Since you have a Nvidia card, you will probably need to add:

module_blacklist=nouveau

to the kernel line on boot. If you are installing 4.1.2, highlight “kernel latest” (last option), press e to edit the boot options, use the arrow keys to find where it says quiet and replace it with

module_blacklist=nouveau

Does the installer start after that? :slight_smile:

disp6252

If you don’t specify what exactly went wrong with the Qubes OS installation, no one will be able to help you.

• Thanks, I wanted to leave everything as is to give you guys a chance to take a look.

• Now I have the software “Rufus 4.0” again, then additionally “Qubes-R4.1.2-x86_64” on the USB stick.

• These are the results of my new installation attempt of “Qubes-R4.1.2-x86_64” from the USB stick.

==================================

Since you have an Nvidia card, you probably need to add:

• Okay, I’ll check

If you install 4.1.2
check “kernel latest” (last option),
press e to edit the boot options,
use the arrow keys,

• Which arrow keys?

to find the location
where quiet is,

• what is it?

and replace it with

• How do you do that?
  • For me the whole thing is “NEW”.

Did you write it in DD mode?
Installation guide | Qubes OS

Did you write it in DD mode?

• ???

Read the linked guide in my previous message:

Most keyboards has 4 keys with arrows on them:

• One points to the right and often moves the cursor to the right (if the cursor is in the last column on the screen, it will often move to the beginning of the line below)
  • One points to the left and often moves the cursor to the left (if the cursor is in the first column on the screen, it will often move to the end of the line above)
  • One points down/towards you and often moves the cursor down on the screen
  • One points up/away from you and often moves the cursor up on the screen

– those are the arrows keys I had in mind. :wink:

When the computer lists the possible boot options, you’ll just see a short description and if you hit e you should see the details about what options the computer will try and boot with. On the 3. or 4. line, there should be the word quiet (you might have to scroll with the arrow keys to see/find it).

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor to t in quiet and then you should be able to use the backspace/delete key on the keyboard to delete/remove the letters in quiet and type the text:

module_blacklist=nouveau

After the edit, press the ctrl-key on the keyboard and then the x-key – that should start the boot process with the changed boot options.

You should select Advanced optimus mode in BIOS for NVIDIA, and you should write USB in Fedora Live - Mediawriter.

That’s how it went smooth with me, nothing else.