I cannot generate grub2-mkconfig

I added a module in grub.cfg but grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg is not generated. Any ideas?

Are there any error message? and are you using uefi / legacy bios?

@51lieal Legacy bios. I added sinit module for AEM /modules … in grub.cfg No errors. But is not generated.

Does the module work if you add it during boot, manually editing grub? Where exactly did you add it? What is your goal? What are you trying to achieve?More info please if expect help

www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Yes it works if I add it during boot.

I added the Sinit module for anti evil maid in grub.cfg like that.

root (hd0,1)
kernel /tboot.gz logging=serial,vga,memory
module /xen.gz iommu=required dom0_mem=524288 com1=115200,8n1
module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ro
module /initrd-2.6.18-xen.img
module /Q35_SINIT_17.BIN

And then grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg but nothing changed.

I suspect that since Qubes is based on fedora, for tboot it had to be installed and boot in EFI mode first, then to copy sinit to /boot and then to run

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg

but don’t take my word for it. Betrer more to read

I have installed AEM succesfully in previous Qubes versions in legacy mode. And the command always was succesfull. BTW is there a way to add the module in /etc/default/grub file?

I’m not clear if you considered to (re)read the link I posted above, didn’t find an answer and posted because of that your last post. If so, the last thing I could suggest is, based on personal experience not being able to set certain parameters and modules and modules, is to try to add it via modprobe and to regenerate initramfs after that. I’m not sure if that is even possible for sinit.