How to recover files from a non functional (won't start) Qubes VM

So I made a VM for file storage on my Qubes system and ironically that is now the only VM I cannot manage to boot so my files are feeling more and more stuck in this untouchable VM which is a very bad feeling obviously. I created a separate post detailing it and asking for help to make the VM work but now I am wondering if there is some way I can just get my files out of it safely without being able to actually start it as the VM itself is not valuable just the files it contains if anyone has any advice or experience dealing with this please let me know ASAP it is quite urgent. Oh and thank you in advance Qubes community (: UPDATE: SOLVED: Found this and it helped tremendously can now access the files without the qube actually starting, Mount LVM image | Qubes OS there is the link for anyone else looking to recover there files.

If you haven’t done anything after, this may work:

If that doesn’t work, you should still be able to recover them by manually inspecting the volume (but I don’t know much about this). The only thing I know is it will require some linux experience and good advice by an advanced qubes user.

For future reference, always backup first:

1 Like

You can find some hints how to get into your private volume here: Compromise recovery in Qubes OS | Qubes OS.

1 Like

Ill check it out and let you know if I find anything useful in there thanks!

I will check out the article mentioned and let you know if I can resolve my issue using that, thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like
1 Like