How to create shortcut in Application Menu?

Hello,

i installed Authy in AppVM over Snapd, is it possible to create a Shortcut in the Application menu? With discord it has done that automatically.

EDIT: Authy stopped working, i don’t know why. Console throws out that:

[user@personal ~] authy WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement /snap/authy/5/authy: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [user@personal ~]

can someone tell me how to fix this. It sudddenly stopped working.

@fsflover interesting discourse fails to link to the anchor link (#) so I’m quoting it here:

1 Like

Just noticed here another problem. You don’t install things on AppVMs. You should do that on the TemplateVMs on which they are based. Otherwise the applications will disappear when you reboot.

Please read the following docs and it will start to make sense:

Templates | Qubes OS

edit: The above is wrong. See this comment

This is not specific to Qubes. it’s an issue relating to a missing library. Since you’re doing this via snap I don’t know how to fix it, but it is a similar problem to this one. But there the user was installing natively (not though snap) so finding the appropriate library and installing it should have been easier.

Documentation says Installing Applications via Snap is per AppVM. I also installed Discord this way and it works without any problems.
This is i think because of qubes Snapd helper. It also seems to me that it attaches and detaches squash /var/lib/snapd at boot for update(im not sure what system popup exactly says).

Oh. You are right!! My bad, then.

I’m asking myself the same question (but it probably deserves it’s own thread)