How to access bluetooth hardware in sys-audio

I’m having trouble understanding how to access the bluetooth hardware in sys-audio. On a usual linux machine it would be as simple as installing a bluetooth daemon, starting it with sudo systemctl start bluetooth and then running bluetoothctl.

In my sys-audio I can’t successfully start the bluetooth service and I’m assuming it is because the qube does not have access to the hardware, is there another reason? Is there some setup guide for bluetooth in sys-audio?

Wasn’t it better to bump your earlier topic?

Would different approach reach the same goal sevice to be accessible to all qubes at the same time.

Yeah you’re right, my bad. :sweat_smile:

What do you mean by a different approach?

Yeah bluetoothctl will work, provided that your Bluetooth hardware is in sys-audio (either the USB device, or if you’re old-school and have a Bluetooth PCI device :laughing:).

But if you want the icon to appear in the XFCE panel (GUI interface), here’s what you need to do.

(This all assumes your sys-audio is based off a Fedora template)

You need to install blueman in your sys-audio. It doesn’t appear to be installed by default.

Then you need to run blueman-applet.

Your choice whether you want it to automatically start on boot or not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the hint, that was useful for me to make Bluetooth work.

In my case I had sys-usb installed from R4.1, so sys-audio did not have access to the Bluetooth USB device (I could not find the USB device in the sys-usb list to attach it to sys-audio). So I took a shortcut and made sys-usb my audio VM. It is working well now.

2 Likes