Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9

First timer - go easy on me. I’ll check back in and let you know if/what’s broken when I figure out how to. Running great, compared to earlier experience on similar model/diff cpu as I’ll explain below.

X1C G9
1185 Intel CPU
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
Intel AX200 WiFi
4.1 Beta installed via Rufus - DD

Remarks

Installed 4.1 Beta on the new machine after running 4.1 latest alpha on Thinkpad T14 Ryzen 7 4750 the week prior. X1 boot up and shutdown process loads faster, maybe 1/10 of the time. Loads snappier on the GUI, vm-startup/shutdown noticeably quicker/sharper, and didn’t have to mess around with EFI boot or PCI settings on the X1.

Only thing I’ve noticed is slight tearing/graphical artifacts on crypt setup login that a previous member on the same rig mentioned last month. Thanks for your review, it led me to this one.

My experience with the Intel X1 has been remarkably better than the T14 AMD thus far.

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20XW00A8US-20210828-183120.yml (801 Bytes)

Thank you @davemyfree for your HCL report, which is now part of this pull request and will be visible on the website soon!

Hi, is suspend working properly?

1 Like

I have a Thinkpad P1 (10th gen Intel i9) with integrated Intel GPU. I am seeing similar tearing/graphical artifacts on the crypt password prompt, but I’m also seeing them as regular behavior in the i3 window manager.

Would love to hear of others’ experience in using this machine. The only thing keeping me from using this OS on this laptop is the inability to suspend/restore. Anybody got this working? From what I’ve read, this is a Xen problem, and I’ve seen no Xen update yet for this known issue with the Tiger Lake processor.

I am also really curious about this laptop. Does it have out of the box compatibility with Qubes?

Edit: Maybe not as interested anymore because of this common issue.