HCL - Thinkpad P15 Gen 2 (latest high end spec)

Thinkpad P15 Gen 2.
Model no. 20YQ004FUS

Everything appears to work. The wireless radio required a very simple fix as reported by @cheerfultuck over here to get it up and running.

I plan on returning this machine in the next few days since my Librem 14 order finally arrived. So I have not thoroughly tested it if anyone has any requests for specific tests they want me to check post here and i will do my best. Please include noob friendly instructions if you have a task I need to perform.

It’s a beast. Intel i9 8 core 64GB ram, etc. This model has two graphics cards both the nvidia and Intel. Unlike my P51, I can not find an option in bios settings that allows you to disable the nVidia chip. Whatever the case, everything appears to work out the box. The only thing I did prior to installing is disable secure boot since i think that is a windows specific feature.

Tested on Qubes 4.1 rc2.

The shortcut function keys (e.g. brightness up/down, volume up/down) works. Not sure what else is to say?

1 Like

Oh one thing i had to do was disable the bluetooth in bios it was causing problems in sys-usb (on/off)

i forgot to attach the hcl here it is

---
layout:
  'hcl'
type:
  'notebook'
hvm:
  'yes'
iommu:
  'yes'
slat:
  'yes'
tpm:
  'unknown'
remap:
  'yes'
brand: |
  LENOVO
model: |
  20YQ004FUS
bios: |
  N37ET34W (1.15 )
cpu: |
  11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11950H @ 2.60GHz
cpu-short: |
  FIXME
chipset: |
  Intel Corporation 11th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers [8086:9a36] (rev 05)
chipset-short: |
  FIXME
gpu: |
  Intel Corporation TigerLake-H GT1 [UHD Graphics] [8086:9a60] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
  NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:24b7] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
gpu-short: |
  FIXME
network: |
  Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz (rev 1a)
  Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I225-LM (rev 03)
memory: |
scsi: |

usb: |
versions:

- works:
    'FIXME:yes|no|partial'
  qubes: |
    R4.1
  xen: |
  kernel: |
    5.10.76-1
  remark: |
    FIXME
  credit: |
    FIXAUTHOR
  link: |
    FIXLINK

---

2 Likes

Thank you @ewokky for this HCL report, which is now online.

anyone needs me deep dive and test anything on this machine let me know please i am going to return it this week