Lenovo Thinkpad Mobile Workstation P1 G4
This is the model with NVIDIA® Quadro® T1200 GPU. Qubes OS used 4.1.1 with Fedora 36 templates.
– Forced to turn off bluetooth in the Bios, as it flickers in the SYS-USB vm and drives you nuts.
– WIFI doesn’t work. ( There was a workaround somewhere to delete some files in the sys-net template and it started working on Fedora 35, when upgraded to fedora 36 the work-around did not work anymore )
– The same problem exists with any other USB-WIFI dongle I tested. Nothing works.
– Using external display is a major pain. Was forced to turn on NVIDIA card permanently through BIOS, and even then it works only with one of the USB-C ports and as soon as you touch display arrangement in the settings everything goes bananas. There is no way to turn off the NVIDIA card in the BIOS unfortunately, only hybrid and NVIDIA only settings.
– There is a Window management issue when I switched to fedora 35 and 36, some apps window crashes but they are still running in the tasks. The same programs work in Fedora 34 and Debian 11 templates.
--- layout: 'hcl' type: 'notebook' hvm: 'yes' iommu: 'yes' slat: 'yes' tpm: 'unknown' remap: 'yes' brand: | LENOVO model: | 20Y30017MX bios: | N40ET35W (1.17 ) cpu: | 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz cpu-short: | FIXME chipset: | Intel Corporation 11th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers [8086:9a36] (rev 05) chipset-short: | FIXME gpu: | NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:1fbc] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) gpu-short: | FIXME network: | Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz (rev 1a) memory: | 65327 scsi: | usb: | 4 versions: - works: 'FIXME:yes|no|partial' qubes: | R4.1 xen: | 4.14.5 kernel: | 5.18.9-1 remark: | FIXME credit: | FIXAUTHOR link: | FIXLINK ---